The PA Marcellus production numbers were released yesterday – and the data is staggering. Production in the Marcellus for the first half of 2013 was over 1.4 trillion cubic feet of gas. To put that into perspective, it’s a production increase of 57% compared to the same six month time period from last year.
The Marcellus production is amazing and Cabot continues to show impressive numbers (if we do say so ourselves).
Let's take a look at the Top 25 Biggest Producing Wells:
What are the key statistics that you should take away from this chart?
- Cabot has:
- The top 2 producing wells for the first six months of 2013
- 7 of the Top 10 producing wells
- 15 of the Top 20 producing wells
- 18 of the top 25 producing wells
- 22 of the Top 25 producing wells are in northeastern Pennsylvania – Susquehanna, Wyoming and Bradford
- 20 of the Top 25 producing wells are in Susquehanna County.
The last six months of Marcellus production are pretty incredible and serve as a visualization of the growth that is happening in our backyards.