ANGA will provide full scholarships for veterans to receive the necessary training for careers such as Welder’s Helper, Floor Hand, or Roustabout. Classes are only offered in Ohio, but veterans from surrounding areas are welcome to participate.ShaleNet helps link individuals to training and education opportunities in the oil and gas industry around the country. It has been recognized by 30 training providers in four different states, and has trained over 3,000 people.
• Provide DD Form 214
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Pass a drug test• Pass a criminal background check
• Pass a physical fitness test
• Stark State College in Canton
• Eastern Gateway Community College in Steubenville
This exciting new program is a pilot that ANGA and ShaleNet are hoping to expand in the future. Positions in the field are in dire need of being filled, so this great opportunity for veterans to get that hands on experience in this fast growing industry. It’s important that the Veterans, who are in need of work, can get work; and that’s what’s so great about this wonderful scholarship opportunity, qualifying Veterans can get the training they need without having to pay a cent!
Kathleen Steere – Coordinator, Oil and Gas Programs at Stark State College Of Technology. You can reach her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 330-494-6170, Ext. 4777
Tracee Jolte – Workforce Outreach at Eastern Gateway Community College. You can reach her via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 740.264.5591 Ext.311
Latest posts by Kelly Grago (see all)
- Pennsylvania is the fastest growing natural gas producing state - December 19, 2013
- Power to Save December 2013: Natural Gas and Business - December 17, 2013
- Polls on hydraulic fracturing - December 16, 2013